Sunday 14 December 2014

MY CHRISTMAS LIST

Here I am. Half blogging, half christmas shopping- a difficult task at the best of times - with Wham unashamedly echoing throughout the house. Lily, my 10 year old sister, has bluntly come to the decision that this year she needs a mermaid tail. Not 'wants' one, she needs one. And not just a piece of sparkly material that trails along the ground; a fat, rubber tail that sucks to your waist and disables you from all land based life. Believe me when I say there is a thin line between creative and mission impossible. My parents have just left the house, on their way to collect the highly anticipated tree- months overdue in my opinion. Whilst Lily is at a friend's, doing whatever 10 year olds do two weeks before Christmas. So as we've already established, here I am. Home alone, with just Mariah Carey for company... (there is still no shame).

I LOVE Christmas. There is no denying it. And so this year I've decided to share with you my Christmas list. I must point out that by no means will I be receiving everything on this list, it's simply a guide for my parents and relatives to select a few lucky items from.


1. Real Techniques, Lash-Brow Groomer
Until I have the full collection I will never have enough real techniques brushes in my life. And maybe not even then. Sam Chapman and Nic Haste were God's gift to women all over the world. Who knows what I'd look like without their YouTube channel in my life, and I have no idea why I don't already own this specific brush.

2. Hydraluron- moisture boosting facial syrum 
Those that know me will know that I worship this product. It is to be applied between toner and moisturiser (never replacing moisturiser), and is a miracle for skin hydration. If you and your skin are having disagreements then I would recommend this without hesitation. At £25 it is an expensive product- especially since it comes in a tube the size of your little finger- however no other product has cleared my skin better than this one.

3. A subscription to Wonderland/i-D Magazine
As guilty as I feel, yes, I am willing to cheat on Vogue. The only places I ever manage to pick these up are at service stations when travelling, which unfortunately means I only ever get my hands on them twice a year. The pages of these magazines offer a different take on fashion and lifestyle, (plus they're super pretti).

4. Candles
My love, forever and always.
...My current favourite is the Christmas Eve Yankee candle.

5. Books
You cannot go wrong. Although anything from the fashion section in Waterstones, by Osho, or poetry are all fairly good places to start.

6. Room Stuff  (literally what I've written on my list)
After having the same room for the past 8 years I have recently had a complete bedroom makeover. Finally being free of pink and purple love hearts, I decided to opt for a grey and white theme- Black and white being a little to harsh for a bedroom. There are still a couple of things needed to complete it, but really anything coloured grey or white is welcomed with open arms.

7. COCO, Chanel- eu de parfum
Every year there is one item that I'd love to recieve above all. Last year it was Lola by Marc Jacobs, and as soft a scent as that was, it didn't seem to last that long throughout the day. Every girl wants a bit of Chanel in their lives, and whilst the other perfumes are each iconically classy, I will always gravitate towards Coco. For me, No5 is slightly too musky; and Mademoiselle slightly too modern. With Coco, Chanel balances the timeless aura of No5 with the sweet modernity of Mademoiselle. It is a scent that I will be able to wear for the rest of my life- I just hope Santa is reading this.



X






No comments:

Post a Comment