Sunday 21 September 2014

***FLAWLESS (SKIN)





Foundation, as we know, is the key ingredient to a flawlessly made up face. It is the base that we count on; the small pot of sorcery that we trust to make us glow- particularly on a Monday morning. 

You cannot build a house without correct foundations, just as we cannot achieve effective looking makeup without a sufficient, skin complementing base. 
I think we all agree in saying that finding the perfect foundation for our skin is imperative. For most people this involves discovering where they are on the skin spectrum- slightly dry?or slightly oily? 
However, when your skin proves to be as indecisive as mine, this simple task can become quite the ordeal. 
Proudly falling into the category of stereotypical teenage girl, it's fair to say I've experimented with my fair share of products. So, after having a complete mind blank over what to blog about this month, I've decided to put a small list together of my current drugstore/higher end foundations...

• Nars sheer glow foundation- There's been huge amounts of hype over this foundation. And, whilst most people tend to obsess over it, I have to admit I was a little dissapointed. The coverage is light and fairly natural looking, however I believe it is better suited for a more oily skin type; mainly since it becomes very dry after a couple of hours. 
(Perfect for people with oily skin that want to achieve a natural looking finish) 

• Garnier BB cream- BB creams have become increasingly popular over recent years, and I have to say that this one is my definite favourite so far. This product seems to adapt itself to my skin tone whilst lasting throughout the day. It has a medium coverage but remains completely natural looking. I adore this product and have gone back to it many times. 
(For people with dry skin that want a quick, everyday look) 

• Bourjois healthy mix foundation- After the Chanel pro lumiere was discontinued this product became very popular as its duplicate. Its medium coverage is suited more for oily skin, yet in general I expect it would adapt to most skin types. It's easy to apply and lasts around 8 hours.
(A reliant foundation for people with slightly oily skin. Suited well for special occassions)

•MAC studio fix fluid- This foundation was actually a big dissapointment for me. Unfortunately on dry skin this product will only last an hour or so before cracking and maximising pores. I assume it is prodominantly used for photoshoots; I would not label it as a day to day foundation. 
(For people that have oily skin and want a thick, dry coverage)

• Rimmel match perfection- this is my ultimate go to foundation for a night out. The thick coverage stays put for around 12 hours and successfully hides blemishes and uneven skin tones. It can sometimes feel a little oily so I would recommend a powder which will also help to maintain that flawless complexion. 
(For normal/dry skin types that want a thick coverage. Usually best for a night out or a less natural look)


I am certainly not a proffessional and these are simply my own opinions, however I hope I've been helpful in some way and if you have any questions please feel free to comment! 

...(You can also tweet me @isobelvandyke)

No comments:

Post a Comment