Tuesday 21 October 2014

EYELINER









''Never ask a girl with winged eyeliner why she's late''
- anon


There is no denying that applying liquid eyeliner is a tricky business. The shape and style of my particular flick is certainly never equal on both eyes, and has evolved drastically since I first discovered the wonder. After playing with makeup for many years I feel as though I can finally admit to having achieved my goal eyeliner shape; however indecisive it can be. I will forever be indebted to that simple black line. Not only for its instant confidence boost, but also for the undeniable tolerance that it has bestowed upon females over the years- possibly a key factor to women's great patience.

Nothing makes me more envious than a woman who can proudly promote a jagged, uneven line and make it look flawless in their own individual way. For me it's all about precision. Creating that perfect upwards slope, and eventually finding a point so sharp that it could've been drawn on by fairies. Everyone's liner will be different depending on what eye shape you have; it's no good trying to achieve an exemplary wing if your eyes already come to a natural point. Or taking your line thicker in the middle of your eyelid if you already have dramatic, round eyes. My first rule of appliance: know your eye shape. Whether long, hooded, or almond shaped eyes, I can promise there will be a shape, width and style that forms your ideal look.

For example, since my eyes are more rounded, I've always avoided using liner from corner to corner; mainly focusing on a thick flick at the outermost point of my eyelids- creating the optical illusion that my eyes are far more feline or almond shaped than they truthfully are. However, if you were aiming to make small eyes appear bigger you would have to take the eyeliner thicker in the centre of your eye: giving the illusion of a rounder, larger eye shape.

A girl need never cry if she has attained immaculate eyeliner. For with that pride she may only think invincible thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. You really do apply it wonderfully! I have so much trouble doing it every single time it ends up being either too dramatic or too thick at the middle, and that doesn't really suit my eye shape! I guess I need more practise, or a slightly steadier hand! - The Caramel Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you! I do believe that the more you practise the easier it becomes- i've been attempting even eyeliner for the past 5 years! although aways bear in mind that your liner (just like your brows) should be like sisters and not twins; never worry about getting each flick identical to the other,

      X

      Delete